Saturday, December 3, 2011

ELEGANT DINING

  With the holiday season already upon us, I thought it was apropos to discuss setting a table for the holidays. I always go for very dramatic tables. For me setting the table is as much fun as actually eating, if not more. For the holidays I always take out my "best" china and silverware. There is nothing more festive...
  BUT... things have changed lately. There are beautiful tabletop items to buy for the holiday table without spending a lot of money. This dining room is a project that was just completed. It is an elegant dining room made for entertaining. The walls in this dining room were upholstered for a feeling of warmth and drama. The chandelier, sconces, and mirror are all vintage pieces.  The server as well as the dining table were custom made... we waited almost a year for the rug. 
  However, for the photo shoot I ran right over to one of my favorite sources for great style (without the big price tag). www.crateandbarrel.com/ I bought the place-mats, dishes, goblets, napkins and napkin holders all at Crate and Barrel. The silverware was my Grandma's ( but I am sure there is gold flatware out there somewhere...) 
  What I am trying to say is: decorative items can be mixed, some things are antiques while others just look very high end. Good design does not have to be very expensive...it just has to have great style...Another wonderful place to shop for table decor is estate sales . Don't forget the flowers.... Enjoy the holidays...   



No comments:

Post a Comment